Saturday, June 30, 2007

I've played with the iPhone - First Impressions


Apple 2.0: Apple iPhone: All Eyes on the Keyboard (Or Lack Thereof)

One of the citations in the above blog entry in Business 2.0 mentions, “The tactile feedback of a mechanical keyboard is a pretty important aspect of human interaction." I disagree. Success rate is the most important aspect of human interaction. If something works well, you adapt and get used to it. If it doesn't, an obvious remark would be, "This keyboard sucks, I can't seem to get the hang of it."



The biggest flaw with the iPhone is the fact that the virtual keyboard is not always available in landscape mode. In either mode, typing with an index finger is quite accurate. I'm coming from a Sidekick background, so I'm used to typing at full speed with my thumbs. Why should I have to make a compromise with the iPhone. I do believe the landscape mode virtual keyboard is only available when using Safari. Perhaps chatting on AIM might not be so bad if using Meebo?

No comments: